- This event has passed.
2022 Minnesota Bound Crappie Contest
May 7 @ 6:00 am - 2:00 pm$10.00
2022 Minnesota Bound Crappie Contest
Date: May 7th, 2022
Headquarters: Lord Fletchers
Hours: 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
$10-Pre-Registered (Open until Thursday, May 5th, 2022 at Midnight.)
$20-Day-of tickets available from 7:30-2:00pm, May 7th, 2022
REGISTRATION will open at 7:30am and stay open until 2:00pm to ensure all pre-registered guest have their tickets at weigh-in. You will need your ticket to weigh in a fish, you don’t need it to start the competition. Weigh in will close PROMPTLY at 2:00pm. If you are not IN LINE by 2:00pm, your fish will NOT BE WEIGHED. We will have registration volunteers at the line towards the end to get you your tickets…
Online PRE-REGISTRATION will close May 5th, 2022 at Midnight.
Crappie Contest Rules:
- Must register to be eligible and must show valid proof of registration to be eligible for big fish prizes and prize drawings.
- All who register are eligible for prize drawings.
- Advance registration at www.mnbound.com. On-site registration is available at Lord Fletchers at 7:00 a.m.
- Advance registration $10 individual; On-site registration, $20
- Contest Hours: 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- (pending COVID restrictions; will have a PPE and crowd control plan)
- Big fish winners are determined by the tournament director; all decisions are final. Fish must be alive when weighed. Only one crappie per contestant will be weighed. Contest scales will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (cut off to be in line is 2:00 p.m.) * NOTE- WE ARE REMINDING FOLKS TO WEIGHT YOUR CRAPPIES EARLIER, TO MISS THE CROWDS, STILL WIN PRIZES, AND NO LINES!
- All Minnesota fishing laws will apply, licenses, limits, etc.
- Big fish prizes: Adult division (16 and older); Five largest crappies by weight.
- Youth division: (age 15 and under) Five largest crappies win prizes;
- Sample misc. Prizes include: Minnesota fishing trips, Lake of the Woods trip, Mall of America tickets, Ron Schara guided fishing trip, and more.
- Grand Prize (random winner-closest to “surprise” weight; weight chosen by tourney director before tournament): ATV from Power Lodge
- The contest will be held regardless of weather conditions; no refunds. Contest sponsors not responsible for accidents, etc.
How the 2022 Grand Prize Winner will be determined.
One Grand Prize of an ATV has been donated by Power Lodge to be given away at the 2022 Crappie Fishing Contest. The Grand Prize will be given to one (1) person, determined as follows: To be eligible, a person must have validly entered the 2022 Crappie Fishing Contest. To be eligible, a person must have validly caught a Lake Minnetonka crappie during the 2022 Crappie Fishing Contest. The person catching valid crappie during the 2022 Crappie Fishing Contest that is closest or equal to the randomly selected weight will win the Grand Prize. In the event of a tie, the person who first officially weighs in his/her crappie that is closest or equal to the randomly selected weight during the 2022 Crappie Fishing Contest will be the winner. The winner will be announced at Lord Fletchers after the scales close at 2 pm.
BOAT GUIDES NEEDED
Fishing for Life will be taking out veterans and special groups. If you are interested in volunteering to guide some of these guests in your boat, please sign up here: volunteersignup.org/X87K4
Guides provide their boat, equipment, life jackets for guests to use for the day. We will have some bait available for guides, but best to bring extra just in case we run out. Guides still need to purchase a ticket if they plan to enter the tournament.
All proceeds for this event go to Fishing for Life organization a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization.